*sigh* well, I knew it wasn’t always going to be easy…
My beautiful big girl is starting school for the very first time tomorrow and is SO excited (well, we both are actually!). A couple of weeks ago we mentioned to her Dad that he could come down and we could all go to school together for the first time. At the time, I thought he was going to do it, and she was really looking forward to it. But, typically, he has made a work related excuse as to why he can’t come.
I know it’s an excuse, and the thing is, I let him make it, without calling him on it.
I don’t know if it’s just because it’s easier not to get into it with him, if I want to let him make his own decisions regarding his parenting contribution, or if perhaps, I’m happy keeping the big events in the girls’ lives to myself…
But, aside from this little drama, I think tomorrow is going to be a fabulous day. E is so super excited and cannot wait to get up in the morning, put on her uniform and go to school.
We went to our local Australia Day Beach Party today – it was a great day – fantastic to get the girls out of the house to quell some of the excitement, and it was a great opportunity to discuss the day with them and talk about our favourite things about where we live. They both came up with some great things they love.
Of course, when my big girl came up to me, gave me a huge hug and said “Thanks for bringing us to the party today Mum” it just made my day!

No comments:
Post a Comment