Sunday, March 7, 2010

*sigh* I hate my cherubs being unwell :(

My darling Miss 3 has woken up this morning with a horrible cough, runny nose and high temps... the poor thing was in an absolutely horrible mood yesterday and now I know why.

She was due to be observed by the Community Health team tomorrow, in her kindy environment, so that they can ascertain if/when they should schedule some further testing. (This is all aimed at diagnosing (or not!) Aspergers Syndrome).

When Miss 3 gets ill, she generally takes a few days to recover. So, it looks like she probably wont be going to kindy tomorrow, so therefore the observations will have to be postponed, and so any further testing is now going to be further away.

But, my biggest concern is that Miss 3 is VERY susceptible to pneumonia, asthma, croup & chest infections... so in addition to her diagnostics stuff being delayed, I'm on edge wondering if she is going to recover easily or if we are going to find ourselves in hospital again.

Miss 5 had a very mild fever on Thursday night, but she seems to be able to fight things very easily and has been completely healthy since - but I'd say she was able to pass the bug on before fighting it...

So, fingers crossed that the lots of rest and fluids I'm giving her today will help and her little body will bounce back relatively quickly and easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment