Following on from my suggestion for living an Eco-Friendly life in Eilleen's post, I thought I would expand on my idea...
I love being eco-friendly, but at times find the process of finding eco-friendly options exhausting (mentally).
However, I have discovered that since starting to really involve Miss 5 in my actions and explaining to her more and more about why I live and do things the way I do, she has become so enthusiastic and such a great motivator!
I am finding now that if I'm ever struggling to put something into action because I'm feeling a bit flat or overwhelmed by the idea, I have a chat to her and explain what is going on and she is usually fabulous at helping me feel motivated again to follow through with what I would like to do. Sometimes she even makes suggestions for us to try!
So for me, the more I'm educating my daughter on these matters, the more eco-friendly I can live because she is on board and has such enthusiasm for everything. I hope that as Miss 3 gets a bit older she can start to join us - at the moment she just kind of listens and goes along with whatever we decide LOL
Its quite funny everytime we go anywhere now because the last week we have really been discussing plastic and its impact on the Earth, so everytime Miss 5 sees plastic-anything in shops she comments that its "made of horrible plastic"! Yesterday we were walking past a building that had a lot of plastic things in its window and she actually asked me if other people knew how horrible plastic was... It was great to be able to tell her that, yes, lots of people know the problems with plastics!
And apparently at kindy earlier in the week she was telling some of the other kids that plastic was bad LOL
I feel like I am raising an eco-warrior!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment